Tuesday 19 May 2009

An update on all things Georgie

Wow haven't wrote on this for ages. Thought i had better update this about things that have recently.
(and it gives me a chance to procrastinate from Katrin's essay again)

Ah, procrastination- my favourite past time. Seriously it is! These last few weeks trying to do anything remotely worthwhile is hard. I start the task then find something shiny or silly to look at.

My feelings of uni haven't really improved, although i don't think i'm as angry with them as some people. It makes me so sad to see people upset with uni, i mean they give you the lectures, the work to do, the exams, the revision, they are easily available to talk to and still people are angry because they are really bad at time management. (and before i get an angry phone call Tash, i realise you're ill and stressed)

Lauren and Conny were going home for the summer and only a select few made the effort to turn up. I was boiling that night. Aren't we supposed to be students living it up? not staying home because we had work due in. I postponed that night out THREE times and still people couldn't manage their time to come and say goodbye to some people that we are not going to see for 5 months. It's madness we hardly ever go out as a course.

I realise we have portfolios to do, but if it stresses people out so much why do they not do it before the deadline? I finished my at the start of the week for the reason we were going out.

Tony organised a trip to Edinburgh the other day and only 3 people went. It was so sad because people seemed really excited at the time about it then it got to the day before and THEY realised that they hadn't got the time to have fun because we had an essay due in on Friday. Sam recoiling in horror: "he should of organised it last week when we had nothing"

ERm, no Sam we were given the essay 3 weeks ago and Tony told us two weeks ago this is when the trip was going to be. So once the journalism course failed in their time management- horray!

I'm not saying i'm better than anyone on my course, far from it. I hold my hands up that i am crap at time management but i went to Edinburgh and i loved it. I'm so glad i went because none of us exept three people handed in the essays so the people that didn't go for that reason really should kick themselves. hard.

I still haven't done my essay and it's now Tuesday, but i am mad. If this was any of our other tutors essays they would be hounding us as to why it's late and with 7 people not handing it in on time, as a tutor i would be worrying that these people are struggling.

But Katrin? Not a peep. Not even an email saying she has realised they are late. Nothing. So why should i worry about it if she clearly doesn't care?

I also have two exams next week, still havent revised for them and i can't find the energy. I have no idea what is wrong with me. I've lost all my resolve, but i guess it isn't Uni's fault and i don't agree people should be blaming their lack of work on the Uni.

But hey ho. Got to just keep on plodding along and hope i scrape a pass.

Rant over people!!!

Ps: Tash, you are not included because you are ill and it wouldn't be fair to diss you in your current situation, plus you're fit hehe x

No comments:

Post a Comment