Monday 9 February 2009

My new love

I have to confess. I have fallen in love. With a woman named Stephanie Calman. I really think it was the best interview i have ever done. She is the nicest person and is so down to earth even if she has had a huge success with her writing.

So at the beginning of last week i was feeling very low about my journalism. I just can't seem to get it right at the moment. I had no passion for it anymore. And now i have met this lovely woman who admits she was also bottom in english and had notalent for creative writing at all. She was just persistent. She has taught me the most out of everyone in my education so far, and i love her for it.

I realise now that i can get there. I love writing in my own style. Stuff the boring yarn that newspapers have you write. My family life is exciting to all of my friends so why can it not be exciting to the rest of the country. I am feeling really ambitious now. This article has shown me that if i am passionate about what i am writing about the words just flow, much the same as this blog.

I am a wierd person and now i can put this to good use. I'm off to amazon to look for James Thurber and SJ Perelman books. Non-fiction is now my way forward. Or if all else fails i have found the magazine i can write for: Front. If you don't know what that is, look it up. If you do, you know i would be like a duck to water in that magazine.

Oh, and look up Stephanie Calman. She is a great person.

Ciao for now!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. How have I never noticed before the amazing similarity between your personality and Front?!?!?

    But please let the only work you do for it be that of the article writing variety - i.e. I don't want to see your tats...again!

    Smoochy smoochy,
    Becca
    x x x

    ReplyDelete