Thursday 5 February 2009

Stuck in a rut or should that be runt? ho ho

I just read Adams Blog and it got me to thinking about my attitude to Uni.

I really don't know what to do with myself at the minute. It's great having Andi back, don't get me wrong but the last few weeks have been seriously stressing me out.

It's like i have lost all interest in uni. Part of me wishes that i had just got a full time job and worked up that ladder instead of running up this massive debt. It all started when Terry gave me feed back on my portfolio and general print 1 work. Afterwards i just wanted to shoot myself in the head. The confidence i was gaining was shattered right there in that 5 minute conversation. Yes, i know Terry didn't mean it to do that, but it did.

My grammar's shit. my articles are shit. my interviews are shit. I'm just generally shit. Cheers TK, im leaving your appreciation society on Facebook.

I can take critisism no bother. But this was like a kick in the face. Then he asked me if i was at all bothered about this degree as it seems to him that it's only a small part of my life. Well no Terry, paying £3.500 a year for this conversation i can't say it is only that.

I just feel really dumb and can't really talk about it to anyone. I blurted it out in Costas the other day and Dan gave me some advice. Still i don't think journalism is for me, maybe some part of it, i haven't decided.

My passion for this course has gone. Maybe i should just get pregnant now and live off benefits. That's a joke. Obviously.

I've realised this blog sounds depressing. I guess i am at the moment, but i'll survive. I'll pass get my degree and settle in some mediocre job somewhere. It'll be great.



No comments:

Post a Comment